Search for current vacancies
Why work for Queensland Urban Utilities?
We employ more than 1,300 staff and offer a diverse range of career opportunities across a broad range of disciplines including engineering, professional, administration and field based roles.
In addition to being committed to supplying the highest level of water and sewerage services to our customers, we are committed to providing our employees with:
- a commitment to safety and employee wellbeing
- excellent work-life balance and flexibility
- an opportunity to be part of a team focused on being a leader within their industry
- meaningful and rewarding work
- competitive remuneration packages
- great team environment
- opportunities for transfers and promotions
- a commitment to a constructive culture
- an opportunity to contribute to the essential services of our community.
We offer attractive employee benefits including:
- great leave provisions
- job specific training
- development/career opportunities
- study support.
Our Purpose, Vision & Values
We have a unique set of organisational values. They provide guidelines for employees on what behaviour is expected and how decisions should be made. When selecting new employees we look for:
- relevant skills and abilities
- a commitment to safety
- ability to live our values
- willingness to learn from experience and apply this successfully in new situations.
We’re focused on growing a constructive culture where everyone in all parts of our business contribute to our cultural transformation journey.
Our leaders, in consultation with their teams, set realistic, yet challenging goals and ensure there is clear accountability for everyone’s roles. We provide support and regular feedback so everyone understands how they are performing, the value of their work and how their role contributes to our purpose of “Enriching quality of life”. We encourage collaboration to achieve the best outcomes for the organisation and the communities we serve. We’ve made significant improvements to our culture and regularly ask for feedback about how things are changing and improving.
Our Innovation Focus
We were also named in BRW’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies List for 2015 (it’s the first time a water and sewerage service provider has received this prestigious ranking). Our Innovation Program is delivering operational efficiencies, improved safety practices, enhanced customer outcomes and improvements to our workplace culture.
Women in Leadership Group
Our Women in Leadership Group was established in 2014 to promote and harness the potential of women and contribute to the inclusive leadership culture at Queensland Urban Utilities. The group has 24 members who are current or aspiring leaders from all areas of the organisation. Members provide formal and informal support to their female colleagues through mentoring; research, training and development opportunities; and guidance on achieving work/life balance, health and wellness.
Young Water Professionals
Our Young Water Professionals group aims to support and harness the potential of bright, young talent. Conceived by two of our young, innovative employees, the Young Water Professionals program: offers valuable opportunities for members to access resources and attend events that contribute to their personal and professional development,
- offers a peer and mentor support network, along with an opportunity to knowledge-share between business areas,
- enables employees to complete Continuing Professional Development points where required,
- brings a fresh perspective into the business, and
- increases employee capability and job satisfaction.
The group, which currently has over 200 passionate members, is open to those either ‘young in age’ or ‘young in industry’.