||Water consumption threshold
|Water consumption threshold
90 day billing quarter
|Tier 1 Consumption
||Up to 300kL
|Up to 74kL per quarter*
|Tier 2 Consumption
|Over 74L per quarter*
Per annum threshold/365 (days in year) x days/billing quarter
A commercial property uses 1000kL in a 90 day reading period.
*Based on a 90 day meter reading period. Quarterly thresholds will vary based on the number of days in a meter reading period.
Calculate your daily tiered consumption rate by dividing the yearly consumption threshold (see table above) by 365.
- Tier 1 threshold daily rate: (300kL/365 days) = 0.822
Calculate your quarterly or monthly threshold by multiplying the daily rate by the number of days in your water meter reading period.
- Tier 1: 0.822 x 90 days = 74kL
- Tier 2: all consumption above 74kL
Calculate the charges using the kilolitres that apply in each tier:
- Tier 1: 74 kL x $0.793 = $58.68
- Tier 2: 926 kL x $1.659 = $1536.24
Total = $1,594.92
Calculate the State Bulk Water Charge
- 1,000kL x $3.017 = $3,017
Add together the Water and Sewerage Access charges, the State Bulk Water Charge and the Tier Consumption Charge totals:
- Water Access Charge = $58.77
- Sewerage Access Charge = $141.72
- Tier Consumption Charges = $1,594.92
- State Bulk Water Charge = $3,017
Total charges = $4,812.41