Congratulations to the 300 competition winners who signed up for ebilling and won a $100 credit for their water and sewerage bills.
This competition has now ended.
Terms and conditions
- Sign up to email billing (eBilling) or MyAccount (and opt to receive your bills via email) to be automatically entered into a draw to win 1 of 300 credit adjustments worth $100 (the Prize).
- For your chance to win you must be an Eligible Entrant and sign up to email billing (eBilling) or MyAccount (and opt to receive your bills via email) between Wednesday 1 April 2020 and Tuesday 30 June 2020 (the Competition Period) to be automatically entered into the draw (Eligible Entry).
- Please note, customers who sign up to BPAY View* will not be entered into the draw. *BPAY View is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd.
- The eBilling competition (the Competition) is being conducted by Central SEQ Distributor-Retailer Authority, trading as Urban Utilities (ABN 86 673 835 011) (Urban Utilities) of Level 2, 15 Green Square Close, Fortitude Valley, Queensland, 4006.
- The Competition commences at 00:00am Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) on Wednesday 1 April 2020 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) on Tuesday 30 June 2020 (the Competition Period).
- Eligible Entrants who make an Eligible Entry will automatically be entered into the Competition.
- The Competition and these Terms and Conditions (the Terms) will be governed by the laws of Queensland.
- Entry to the Competition is free. Entrants will be responsible for all costs associated with entering the Competition.
- Entry to the Competition is taken to be acceptance of these Terms.
Who may enter
The following persons are eligible to enter the Competition (Eligible Entrants):
- If entry to the Competition is via switching to email billing or MyAccount (and opt to receive your bills via email):
- who are aged 18 years and over; and
- who are new email billing or MyAccount (and opt to receive your bills via email) customers.
The following persons are ineligible to enter the Competition:
- employees of Urban Utilities and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Competition, including suppliers of the Prizes;
- a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in clause 8(a) of these Terms;
- pre-existing MyAccount customers; and
- pre-existing emailing billing customers.
How to enter
To enter the Competition, during the Competition Period Eligible Entrants must:
- register to receive your bills via email at www.urbanutilities.com.au/ebilling; and
- remain registered for email billing for the entire Competition Period;
- or register for MyAccount and remain registered for MyAccount for the entire Competition Period (Eligible Entry).
Only one entry per customer will be entered into the Competition, regardless of whether the customer registers for both email billing and MyAccount during the Completion Period.
Urban Utilities reserves the right to disqualify an Eligible Entrant in the event of non-compliance with these Terms (as determined by Urban Utilities in its sole and absolute discretion).
By entering the Competition, the Eligible Entrant agrees to receive communications from Urban Utilities in relation to the Competition and goods and services provided by Urban Utilities.
- All Eligible Entrants with an Eligible Entry who comply with these Terms will be eligible to win 1 of 300 bill credit adjustments worth $100 (the Prizes).
- A computerised draw for the Prizes will take place at 12.00pm (AEDT) on 1 July 2020.
- There will be three hundred (300) overall Prize winners.
- Urban Utilities’ decision on all matters in relation to the Competition is final and binding.
- The Prize winners will be notified by phone, in writing and/or by email, no later than Friday 8 July 2018.
- The Prize winner’s details may be published on www.urbanutilities.com.au and in the next available issue of Pipeline.
- The Prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Urban Utilities will apply a $100 credit adjustment (the Prizes) to each of the Prize winner’s accounts no later than Friday 8 July 2020.
- All other costs associated with the Prize are the responsibility of each individual Prize winner.
- Urban Utilities accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prizes, or for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the Prizes.
- In the event that Urban Utilities is unable to provide the Prizes, it reserves the right to provide alternative prizes of the same or greater value.
- Urban Utilities will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused as a result of entering into this Competition or accepting the Prizes.
- Urban Utilities will not be responsible for the failure of any of its systems which leads to an entry into the Competition being invalid or not being received by it.
- Urban Utilities reserves the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel this Competition at any time, for any reason whatsoever, in its absolute discretion.
- Urban Utilities reserves it right to change or modify these Terms at any time, for any purpose.