Sorry to see you’re on our complaints page. Something must have gone wrong for you to be here. If you’d like to talk to us before you lodge your complaint, you can call us on 13 26 57 (8am – 6pm weekdays).
You can make a complaint in the following ways:
- Call us on 13 26 57 (8am - 5pm weekdays) or +61 7 3307 2851 from overseas.
- By email using our enquiry form
- By mail to Urban Utilities Customer Service PO Box 2765 Brisbane QLD 4001.
- Visit us at Level 10, 31 Duncan Street, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006 (8:30am – 4pm weekdays).
When lodging a complaint, please provide the following information:
- Your name
- Property address
- Telephone number
- Details of the incident or issue including:
- dates (where appropriate)
- reference or account numbers
- any information you believe would assist us to understand and investigate your complaint further
- your desired solution, remedy or outcome.
How we will respond to your complaint
When you call or visit us, we will aim to resolve your issue immediately where possible and we will document your complaint.
If you email or send us a letter, we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within two business days.
If your complaint needs investigation, we will respond to, or provide a status update within 10 business days. Where a complaint is of a serious or urgent nature, it will be escalated for resolution as soon as possible.
If you would like further investigation
We ask that if you are not satisfied with the outcome of our response, you allow us the chance to review it before going to an Ombudsman. You may request a review of your complaint by calling us on 13 26 57 (8am - 6pm weekdays). Alternatively, you may contact us by the other methods listed above.
You have the right to take your complaint to an Ombudsman at any time if you have first given us an opportunity to resolve it.
If you need an interpreter, contact the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and ask to speak with Urban Utilities on 13 26 57 for general enquiries (8am - 6pm weekdays) or 13 23 64 for faults and emergencies (24/7).
Our Complaint Management Policy and Framework has been developed in line with best practice principles and complies with the Australian Standards, Customer satisfaction – Guidelines for complaints handling in organisations (ISO 10002-2006) and Guidelines for complaint management in organisations (10002-2014).
Complaints received by Urban Utilities.