Notification of successful EOI for Endorsed Consultant Certification Scheme - 24 February 2022

Respondents to the 2021 Expression of Interest (EOI) for registration as an Endorsed Consultant have been notified. The updated list of Endorsed Consultants is published below (effective 1 April 2022). Please submit enquiries or questions regarding the 2021 EOI via email to with the subject 'Certification Scheme Endorsed Consultants'.

Choosing a consultant to design and help manage your application

An engineering consultant must be engaged to develop and certify* designs, as well as certifying the construction process. The engineering consultant you can select depends on the type of non-standard connection approval (Major or Minor works) you receive.

  • Minor works: the engineering consultant must be selected from Urban Utilities’ list of Endorsed Consultants (see below).
  • Major works: the engineering consultant must have a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) certification. In addition, you will have access to the experience of an Urban Utilities' appointed Assurance Officer.


Find an Endorsed Consultant for your Minor works 

Connection construction

Standard connections are undertaken by our construction partner, Comdain. 

Any contractor with the appropriate qualifications is permitted to construct a new Non-standard connection (previously called a Property Service or Network Connection). We recommend you talk to your engineer when selecting a contractor. As part of the as-constructed package, a copy of licences and tickets must be provided.

The following minimum qualifications must be met for contractors to carry out works on our network:

  • QBCC Contractor Licence for any work outside the property boundary.
  • QBCC Plumbing Licence, in addition to a QBCC Contractor Licence, for any work within the property boundary. 
  • Only a licenced plumber is permitted to install a water meter.
  • Correct tickets must be held by contractors for each type of pipe being installed.

Field testing of street hydrants

The following companies are approved by Urban Utilities to undertake field testing on our hydrants.

  • Yes Fire
  • Spectrum Fire & Security
  • Hydraulic Testing and Certification
  • Australian Fire Services Testing
  • FireVac Services

Valve operations

An Urban Utilities accredited valve turner is required for connections undertaken by contractors via a Network Access Permit. No other companies are permitted to turn valves on our network.

The information below is to assist you in selecting a valve turner, however for accurate quotes and specific details please contact the company directly. Each accredited valve turner can assist you with:

  • review of shut plans
  • isolation services
  • trial shuts and valve audits
  • reporting of trial findings
  • water off notice delivery
  • liaising with Urban Utilities about critical customers.

Ventia Valve Operations Team
0437 019 292
0434 314 680
Network Access Team
07 3856 7033
Monday to Sunday - 24/7


Scheduler - office hours 
Operations - 24/7


Monday to Friday - 6am to 6pm