The application you require will be determined by the type of development you want to undertake. You can find the forms you need to prepare your application at Development Forms.
1. Drinking Water Supply and/or Wastewater Works Request, for changes including:
- Installation of a new or replacement meter (where water property service and pit are already installed).
- Raising a G-type maintenance structure (or manhole) where the finished height is less than three meters.
- Connecting a drinking water service to a government park
- Extending the length of existing wastewater pipes (where no new connection is required).
- Relocation of a meter on a residential block from one place to another
- Disconnection of a residential meter (e.g. in preparation for demolition).
Apply for a Water Supply and/or Wastewater Works Request (please note, these requests are processed as Standard Connection Water Approval applications).
2. Water Approval for a Standard Connection, for developments including:
- Building a new detached dwelling (house) or a duplex on an existing lot.
- Subdividing one residential lot to create (up to) three lots (Reconfiguration of a Lot) resulting in:
- a detached dwelling (house) on each of the lots; or
- a duplex development on each lot; or
- any combination of the above.
- Merging up to three residential lots to create two lots or one lot, with a detached dwelling (house) or duplex development on each lot (Reconfiguration of a Lot).
- Altering a detached dwelling (house) or duplex lot line (boundary realignment/Reconfiguration of a Lot).
- Building up to six multi-unit dwellings (apartments or townhouses) up to three storeys within a single lot (please note, certain restrictions apply).
- Building an ancillary (self-contained) dwelling on a residential lot (e.g. granny flat). It is recommended that you refer to the relevant local planning scheme for advice relating to permitted ancillary dwellings.
Learn about or apply for a Standard Connection Water Approval (please note, in some instances Standard Connection Water Approval applications may be assessed as Non-Standard Water Approval applications based on design or site complexities).
3. Water Approval for a Non-Standard Connection, for developments including:
- Connecting a new or altered water supply or wastewater service to a property (other than those identified as Standard Connections above).
- Completing a multi-stage development, or development involving complex assets (pumping, storage and treatment facilities and reticulation network).
- Planning a development that will generate trade waste.
- Lowering a maintenance structure (manhole).
- Raising a maintenance structure (manhole), excluding G-type with finished height less than three metres.
Learn about or apply for a Non-Standard Connection Water Approval.