Find out what's under the ground with the following services

Open Data GIS map

Find our water and sewerage infrastructure and assets via our online Open Data GIS map.

Engineering search 

This service provides information about Urban Utilities water and sewerage pipes on and around your land. 

The information available includes, but is not limited to: 

  • Water network: as-constructed data, diameter, length, material and operating pressure.
  • Wastewater (sewer) network: as-constructed date, average depth, downstream and upstream invert levels, length and segment type.
  • Maintenance structures (manholes): manhole type, use, lid type, material, surface level and depth.
Please note: The service locations identified in the engineering search are approximate only and do not provide detail on existing private infrastructure (or infrastructure owned by other authorities), off-line mains, or assets owned by other authorities, such as Seqwater.  
For all of the private plumbing fittings, including mains to tanks, pipes up to your water meter and sewer connection point, as well as combined drains, contact the plumbing department of your local council for a copy of your house drainage plan.

If you are planning to carry out work on your land, we recommend undertaking an independent inspection at the site of your proposed works to avoid the risk of unnecessary delays and expense. Please contact your local council to obtain details of any private water and sewerage infrastructure.

Please see the Developer Customer Price List for further details.
We will contact you within one business day to arrange payment. Basic Engineering Searches will be completed within five business days upon receipt of payment. Complex Engineering Searches will be completed within twenty business days upon receipt of payment. Please refer to the Developer Customer Price List for further details. 

Complete the Engineering search request form and send to Our Developer Customer Services team will contact you to arrange payment.

Letter of Evidence

A Letter of Evidence (LOE) is a notice issued by Urban Utilities confirming that a Water Approval is not required in relation to a specific Council Development Approval. Refer to the Letter of Evidence Guidelines for the full details on this process.  

  • Realignment of a property boundary
  • Volumetric subdivision
  • Access easement
  • Change in building format plan
  • Reconfiguration of a Lot by lease
  • New Council Development Approval after a Connection Certificate has been issued

Please see the Developer Customer Price List for further details.

Twenty business days upon receipt of payment and receipt of a complete and accurate Letter of Evidence Request.  
You will need to detail your request on the Letter of Evidence Request form, then email the completed form, with supporting information to with the subject heading: Letter of Evidence Request.

Express Property Search

This service provides advice on potential network connections, existing/planned water and wastewater infrastructure, high-level site and neighbouring area constraints and opportunities.

The information provided includes the following as applicable:

  • Existing services
  • Future servicing plans 
  • Known constraints
  • Existing infrastructure agreements

An Express property search does not include capacity assessment, engineering design review, meeting, Trade Waste investigation. If a more detailed analysis is required, please lodge a Services and Design Advice application instead.

We will contact you within one business day to arrange payment. Express Property Searches will be completed within five business days upon receipt of payment. At peak application volume times, the five-day service may not be available. We will advise upon receipt of your application if there are any delays expected.

Please see the Developer Customer Price List for further details.

Complete the Express Property Search form and send to at your earliest convenience. Our Developer Customer Services team will contact you to arrange payment.

Connection areas and maps

From 1 July 2020, you can find out if your property is within our connection area using the maps listed on our Water Netserv Plan page

Superseded connection area maps (previously listed on this page) are available here

Dial Before You Dig

The free Dial Before You Dig service can help you identify if our infrastructure is in the general location that you are planning to work.

Locating a water meter

To find out if there is an existing water meter on your property call us on 13 26 57 (8am - 6pm weekdays). We can let you know if there is an existing service recorded in our billing system; however, we are unable to provide the location or depth of the water meter. Our system is updated as details become available on new properties created and services installed.

Complex developments

If you are planning a complex development, or a development that will generate trade waste (waste from a commercial or manufacturing activity) and you need advice before you lodge your application for Water Approval, we recommend you request a Services Advice Notice (SAN).  

Other services available which may useful before lodging a Water Approval application:

Avoid risk and surprises with planning, research and site investigations

Things to consider:

  • Is there existing Urban Utilities infrastructure on or near your land? Our connection area maps may help to determine the drinking water, non-drinking water and wastewater services in your area.
  • The free Dial Before You Dig service can help identify infrastructure from other utilities (electricity, gas, telecommunications, etc).
  • Site-specific considerations may affect the complexity, cost and time of your development, e.g. easementsmanholes and maintenance structures, heritage listing, protected vegetation, floodable land, acid sulphate soils, or site location relevant to waterways or major transport corridors.
  • Outstanding fees or non-compliance for existing development on your site may now be your responsibility.