We realise that leaks are an unexpected expense. Although the cost of a leak is your responsibility, we want to offer you as much help as we can. Please read the following information on how to apply for financial assistance.
Before completing the application form
- Read our Concealed Leak Policy to see if you are eligible for financial assistance
- Ensure the leak has been permanently repaired by a licensed plumber
To apply you will need
- Your customer reference number. This can be found on the top right corner of a Queensland Urban Utilities bill.
- A scan or photograph of the licensed plumbers invoice or report showing the leak has been permanently repaired. We will also accept plumbers invoices or reports from community organisations including ACRO, Home Assist and Home Care. You will need to upload a copy when applying.
Note: If your property is part of a Community Title Scheme (CTS) and you pay a percentage of all water used within a CTS, your Body Corporate will need to apply on your behalf.
After you have submitted your application
- A case manager will be assigned to you, and will contact you within 4 business days to confirm we have received your application.
- Your application will be assessed for eligibility for a financial assistance. Your case manager may need to contact you for more information.
- Your case manager will contact you with the outcome.
What if my application is unsuccessful or I'm not eligible?
To assist you with payment of the water bill, we can provide you with an interest free payment arrangement. To discuss your individual circumstances please contact us, or speak with your case manager.
Concealed leak financial assistance