ConcealedLeakInsurance Colour Logo

Concealed Leak Insurance claims process

Urban Utilities manages the processing of all Concealed Leak Insurance claims on behalf of Willis Towers Watson, the insurance broker. Please read the Concealed Leak Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before submitting your claim.

Step 1: Check if you have a leak

We have some simple steps as well as a video demonstration to help you identify if you have a leak on your property.

If the test results indicate the presence of a possible leak, we recommend you call a licensed plumber to find and repair the leak as soon as possible.

If the plumber confirms the existence of a concealed leak in the insured property’s internal water infrastructure, assuming the conditions outlined in the Concealed Leak Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) are met, you can choose to make a claim against your Concealed Leak Insurance policy.

Step 2: Source the relevant documentation

You’ll need an invoice/report from a licensed plumber that includes the following:
  • A statement that a concealed leak has been discovered in the insured property’s internal water infrastructure,
  • The location of the concealed leak, 
  • The repair status of the leak, 
  • The date the leak was repaired. Please note: As per the PDS, the leak must be repaired within 45 days of it being identified.
If you’d like to include the cost of the plumber’s call out fee in your claim, please ensure your plumbers’ invoice itemises the call out fee for identifying the concealed leak from any repair work undertaken.

Step 3: Take a reading of your water meter

Once you have the above documentation, take a reading from your water meter.

Step 4: Complete the Concealed Leak Insurance claim form

Download and complete the Concealed Leak Insurance claim form.

Step 5: Lodge your claim

Please post or scan and email your completed Concealed Leak Insurance claim form and plumber’s report/invoice to Urban Utilities at: GPO Box 2765, Brisbane QLD 4001, or

We will contact you within 10 business days to either advise you of the claim outcome or to request any additional information that may be required to process your claim.

If your claim is successful, a reimbursement will be credited to the relevant Urban Utilities customer account.

* If you have Concealed Leak Insurance, experience a concealed leak and are eligible to make a claim, you can make a claim under both your Concealed Leak Insurance and Urban Utilities’ Concealed Leak Policy. However, you cannot recover an amount under Concealed Leak Insurance, any other insurance and Urban Utilities’ Policy that exceeds the total loss suffered by you for that one occurrence of excess water usage. It is your choice as to whether you make a claim under your insurance and/or submit a request for assistance through Urban Utilities’ Concealed Leak Policy.  Either way, you are only entitled to an adjustment of your Water and Sewerage Account in accordance with each of the terms and conditions of your Concealed Leak Insurance and the eligibility criteria of Urban Utilities’ Concealed Leak Policy.

Willis Australia Limited ABN 90 000 321 237 AFSL 240600 is an Authorised Distributor of QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545. The Central SEQ Distributor-Retailer Authority trading as Queensland Urban Utilities is an Authorised Representative of Willis Australia Limited, Authorised Representative Number 1240899. Concealed Leak Insurance is issued by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited. Advice in this document is general advice only and has been prepared without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs.  Before deciding to acquire the product you should obtain and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).