From Monday 17 August 2020, our delivery partner, Downer WSP, will install a new water pipe and associated connections along the following locations:
- Tubber Street, Beaudesert
- Boundary Street, Beaudesert
- Jason Day Drive, Beaudesert and
- Oakland Way, Beaudesert
The upgrade will be undertaken as part of a two-year capital works program in the Scenic Rim Region. The majority of the work will be done during the day between 6:30am and 6pm, Monday to Friday. There may also be occasional work on Saturdays or after-hours at various stages of the project.
Construction expected to take up to four months to complete, weather and site conditions permitting.
What to expect
- site establishment and laydown areas around work zones
- construction vehicle movements and the use of noise generating machinery, including an excavator and grinder
- some footpath access and on-street parking might be temporarily unavailable
- changed traffic conditions and possible lane closures around work sites, with traffic management in place to manage traffic flow and maintain property access
- temporary water outages. Customers will be notified at least three days prior to any planned temporary disruption to water supply. Please check your letterbox daily while we are working in your area
- possibly some driveway impacts. These impacts will be minimised where possible and we will work with customers to maintain vehicle access during construction.
- possible night work at some stages of the project with lighting and construction-related noise
We will keep directly impacted neighbours informed by providing regular construction updates during the project.
We recognise the community is working hard to save water and we’re committed to being water wise while we undertake these works, including adhering to the water restrictions that are in place across most towns in the Scenic Rim.
What can you expect on completion of construction?
- The project will increase the water storage capacity in the area and improve the reliability of the infrastructure.
- Post construction, we’ll restore areas of work as close to the original condition as possible and landscaping will ensure the above ground components blend with the surrounding environment as much as possible