We have completed the S18 Sewer Rehabilitation Project – Stage 1 sewer pipe relining work between Breakfast Creek Road, Abbottsford Road and Campbell Street, Bowen Hills to extend the operational life of the sewer line for up to 50 years.
Urban Utilities and their delivery partner, Fulton Hogan Utilities improved the sewer network with the installation of a new sewer pipe along the Enoggera Creek Bikeway and along Campbell Street, Bowen Hills.
These works are part of the S18 Sewer Rehabilitation Project allowing Urban Utilities to bypass sewer flows in Bowen Hills. The permanent solution will see a new sewer trunk constructed in Bowen Hills, scheduled to start construction in July 2022, and expected to take up to two years to complete.
From Sunday 26 June to Monday 15 August 2022 construction activities will occur along the Enoggera Creek Bikeway and on Campbell Street, Bowen Hills, weather and site conditions permitting.
Day works along the Enoggera Creek Bikeway will be carried out between 6.30am and 6.30pm Monday to Friday.
Night works will be carried out between 8pm and 5.30am Sunday to Friday.
Our workforce will arrive onsite earlier to prepare for their shifts.
What can I expect?
The community may experience:
- Enoggera Creek Bikeway under traffic control between 6.30am to 9am and 4pm to 6.30pm.
- Enoggera Creek Bikeway Detour in place between 9am and 4pm.
- Changed traffic conditions on Campbell Street, Bowen Hills with a detour in place and traffic controllers onsite to maintain access.
- Safety lighting to assist with night works.
- Noise from construction machinery and vehicles, including an excavator, deliveries of pipe and other equipment required during these works.
There should be no interruptions to sewerage services for customers as a result of these works. Our crew will make every effort to minimise disruptions and ensure the safety of cyclists and pedestrians during these works.