Queensland Urban Utilities has finished installing new sewer mains in three locations across Brisbane and Ipswich to assist with flow in wet weather events.
Dennis Webb Park, Perkins Street, Upper Mt Gravatt
Construction started mid-June 2015, and is now completed.
Works were carried out on the southern end of Dennis Webb Park, off Mt Gravatt-Capalaba Road.
Railway Street, Rosewood
Construction commenced at the start of July, and is now completed.
Works took place at the end of Railway Street, on the nature-strip running alongside the railway line.
Chilton and Garro Streets, Sunnybank Hills
Construction commenced at the end of July, and is now completed.
Works took place on the roundabout at the Chilton Street and Garro Street intersection.
What can I expect?
During project work hours, residents may experience the following construction impacts:
- Noise generating activities including excavation and vehicle movements with reverse safety beepers.
- Dust impacts associated with excavation during construction will be managed at the source using water suppression, as required.
- Changed traffic conditions, including reduced speed in some sections. Residents are asked to travel through the areas with care and observe all signposting and reduced speed limits.
- Driveway access will be maintained at all times.
- Some on-street parking may be temporarily unavailable along residential streets near the work sites.
- There are no anticipated disruptions to sewerage or water supply during the project.
The project team will work closely with the appointed contractor, Diona Pty Ltd, to minimise community impacts on local residents. We will keep you informed about progress and provide regular construction updates for directly impacted residents.