From 2016, water main replacement projects will start or continue work in the areas below. We will notify residents and businesses in these areas before any work takes place. Most work hours will take place from Monday to Friday, 6.30am to 5.30pm and Saturday, 8am to 2pm, however some night work may be required. All work is subject to site conditions and weather.
We work closely with construction contractors to make sure there is minimal impact to residents and businesses in the area.
Communication activities will be in place before works start.
Water Main Replacement Program - planned work
|Temp water shutdown
||Affected properties map
We work closely with construction contractors and make every effort to minimise impact to the community.
The following community impacts may be experienced:
- Driveway access - some work may cut across driveways, however, in most cases driveway access will not be affected.
- Traffic disruptions - there may be minor disruptions around work sites, with electronic signage and/or traffic management on site during project work hours.
- Noise and dust disturbances - there may be construction noise and dust associated with excavation and work vehicles accessing the sites during project work hours.
- Access restrictions - some footpath access and on-street parking may be temporarily unavailable.
- Temporary water shutdowns - for some customers there may be interruption to supply while the new water main is connected to the existing system.
- Fire hydrants - To ensure water supply to fire hydrants is not restricted in case of fire, a temporary water bypass system may be put in place. Queensland Emergency Services - Fire and Rescue will be notified at least 48 hours before any temporary water shutdowns
- Dialysis patients - Queensland Health will be notified at least 48 hours before any temporary water shutdowns.