We are currently upgrading the Ann Street trunk main from Edmondstone Road, Newstead to Gotha Street Fortitude Valley. This upgrade will extend the service life of this critical pipe and ensure the reliability and sustainability of our network.
On this page:
We are upgrading the 2.2kms of trunk water main using a new trenchless technology that involves inserting an internal lining, called ‘Primus Line’, into the existing pipe. This allows us to reline the pipe while still in the ground, without having to dig up large sections of the street. This means significantly less disruption to residents, business and traffic. To see a Primus Line installation in action, watch the video on our 'Project Updates' page.
The project is underway and will be completed mid to late July 2020. The majority of the work will be done during the night, between 6pm and 6am, Sunday to Friday.
Our crews will be installing the liner at 10 locations along the trunk main, working their way from Newstead, south towards Fortitude Valley. The complexity of the work and uncertainty of the ground conditions may require the crews to move out of sequence to other sections of the alignment at short notice. This means we won’t always be able to notify you in a
dvance when we will be working in your area.
The majority of the work will be done during the night, between 6pm and 6am, Sunday to Friday.
During this work, customers and businesses might be impacted by:
- night work with lighting, construction vehicle movements and the use of noise generating machinery. Crews will endeavour to complete the high noise work as early as possible (site conditions permitting)
- changed traffic conditions and lane closures around work sites, with traffic management in place to manage traffic flow
- crews moving back and forth between work locations on a regular basis at short notice.
There will be no disruption to your water supply as a result of this work.
- placing barriers and suitable signage around the work areas during excavation
- minimising noise and dust and managing both at the source, to the extent possible
- temporarily restoring disturbed roads and footpaths to allow for continued day use while the project is progressing
- restoring affected areas as close to their original condition as possible, after the work is completed.
Please take care and observe all signposting, speed limits and any directions given by traffic controllers.
What other Urban Utilities projects are happening in this area?
The S1 Trunk Sewer Main Upgrade is also undergoing vital maintenance along Ann Street, Fortitude Valley and Breakfast Creek Road, Newstead. Crews are working on the sewer network at maintenance holes along Ann Street, Fortitude Valley, between James Street and Edmondstone Street.
Some customers may receive notifications about both projects. If you would like more information about the S1 sewer project please visit the project page here
Thank you for your patience while we complete this important work.