Urban Utilities is committed to excellence in water and sewerage services that meet the evolving needs of our customers and enhance the liveability of our communities.
What is happening?
Our delivery partner, Diona has been working on the upgrades to the pump system and switchboard at the Green Hill Reservoir, Chapel Hill.
A new booster pump set, accumulator tanks and new generator have been installed and the electrical systems have been upgraded to power the new equipment.
Once the switch is made to the new equipment the old pumps and other redundant equipment will be removed.
Why is this happening?
Upgrades to the network will ensure reliability and sustainability of the water service in your area.
What can I expect during the works?
- Pedestrian and vehicle access - Local access to Green Hill Reservoir will be maintained for the duration of the works however, car parking will be temporarily limited at various times during the upgrade.
- Safety - Barriers and signage onsite. Please make sure you observe the signage in the area
- Noise and dust - Construction related noise, dust and minor vibrations from machinery an vehicle movements. We acknowledge that works may have elevated noise and dust levels at times. We will minimise our impacts where possible and do our best to complete all high impact avoidable noise activities early in the shifts, weather and site conditions permitting.
- Restoration - We will be restoring as close as reasonably possible to pre-existing condition to all impacted areas including roads, driveways and footpaths.
- Temporary water outages - We may need to temporarily disconnect properties while we work to transfer you to the network. Any affected properties will be given at least three days' notice prior to any temporary outage.
What can I expect when the works are complete?
Some properties at the highest elevations in this zone will experience a reduction in pressure compared to what is currently being received (which is well above the Service Standard). The water pressure will still meet the required standards of service moving forward.
For those properties affected Urban Utilities will notify you directly.
We thank you for your patience and understanding whilst we complete this essential work.