Urban Utilities is committed to excellence in water and sewerage services that enhance the liveability of our communities. As part of this commitment, we're installing a new sewerage pump station (SPS) within the park known as Alexander Smith Place at 63 Grey Street.
The new sewerage pump station is being installed as part of Brisbane City Council's early works program for Brisbane Metro. The SPS will also need to be connected to the network, which also means relocating some existing sewer infrastructure beneath Grey Street and parts of Melbourne Street.
The new SPS is being installed to replace the existing pump station at the corner of Melbourne and Grey Streets. It will be below-ground and have a greater flow capacity to cater for growth and development in the area.
Our contractor, Diona, has continuing works on the SPS works and connections at Alexander Smith Place Park.
What to expect
- night works with changed traffic conditions, noise, lighting, vehicle movements and reversing beepers
- day works with noise, dust and possible vibration with changed traffic conditions, construction vehicle movements and the use of machinery including trucks and excavators
- increased vehicle movements in and out of the work site at 63 Grey Street
- changed traffic conditions at Grey Street with a shoulder closure near the entrance to the site. Traffic controllers will manage traffic and maintain local access as required.
- public access to the park will be temporarily unavailable until the work is completed.
- traffic controllers will maintain road and footpath access for local residents and businesses from Fish Lane to 67 Grey Street via Melbourne Street during the road and footpath closures.
The project team will minimise the construction impacts to the extent possible, including managing noise and dust at the source, utilising traffic control and reviewing work methods as required.
We will keep directly impacted neighbours informed by providing regular construction updates during the project.
The majority of the work will be done during the day between 6.30am and 6.30pm Monday to Friday. There may also be occasional work on Saturdays or after-hours at various stages of the project.
To find out more about the Grey Street Sewerage Pump Station, you can:
- Phone: 3855 6742 (business hrs) or 13 23 64 (after hrs)
- Email: Community.Feedback@urbanutilities.com.au
To view the customer satisfaction midway survey competition terms and conditions, click here.
Thank you for your patience during this important work.