The balance of works on the Kenmore Jindalee project is nearing completion.
In recent weeks, crews have slip lined the sewer beneath the Centenary Bridge and commenced decommissioning works at Pinjarra Hills. This week, slip lining will continue from the southern abutment of the Centenary Bridge to the Centenary Highway Pump Station. Once this section is done, crews will complete the final connection in the verge of the Centenary Highway north bound.
To allow crews to safely connect the slip lined section to the existing network, we will isolate the Spinkbrae sewerage pump station this week.
Tankering activities - Spinkbrae Street, Fig Tree Pocket
Tanker trucks will enter and exit Spinkbrae Street from Tuesday 1 May to Saturday 4 May while the pump station is isolated to facilitate the slip lining work across the river.
Tankers are expected to access the pump station twice daily during peak flow periods in the morning and evening, subject to weather and flow volumes e.g. between 5am and 9am and 5pm and 9pm.
While we will try to minimise the impacts, tankering will include noise such as reversing beepers, generator operation and vehicle movements. There might also be temporary odour present when tanker trucks access the pump station.
Changed traffic conditions - Sinnamon Road and Centenary Highway in-bound
To allow crews to safely connect the slip lined section to the existing network, we will be closing one in-bound lane between 8pm Friday 3 May and 9am Saturday 4 May 2019 (subject to weather and site conditions).
- There will be changed traffic conditions on Sinnamon Road approaching the Centenary Highway on-ramp during these works.
- The left in-bound lane of the Centenary Highway will be closed approaching the Sinnamon Road off-ramp from 8pm Friday 3 May to 9am Saturday 4 May, to allow safe closure of the left lane during construction in the verge.
- Traffic management will be in place to manage traffic flow, with speeds reduced to 60km/h.
- Access to the Centenary bikeway will be maintained with changed conditions to suit the works.
The remaining program of work involves:
- Decomissioning some sections of the old water mains in Kenmore and Jindalee
- Installing a switchboard near Gem Road at Kingfisher Park
- Refurbishing the sewerage pump station at Spinkbrae Street
The balance of this work is expected to be completed in May 2019 (subject to weather and site conditions).
Day work between 6.30am and 6.30pm, Monday to Friday with occasional work on Saturdays if required.
Restoration of work areas
The tunnelling sites at Kenmore and Jindalee have been reinstated with new turf and trees.
Residents can call the project team at any time 24/7 on 1800 071 230 (free call) for assistance or information, or email us at email@example.com