Urban Utilities is committed to excellence in water and sewerage services that meet the evolving needs of our customers and enhance our communities.
As part of this commitment, we will be upgrading important infrastructure near your property. Upgrades to the network will ensure the reliability and sustainability of water services in your area for the next 50 years.
What to expect during construction?
- The use of a powered generator, notice will be provided to the community with the location of the asset and associated impacts.
- Construction-related noise and dust from equipment, machinery, and vehicle movements
- Some footpath access and on-street parking might be temporarily unavailable.
- Changed traffic conditions and possible lane closures around work sites with traffic management in place to manage traffic flow and maintain property access.
- Some night work with safety lighting and noise from excavation work and machinery
- Possible water interruptions. Customers will be notified at 3 working days prior to any planned temporary disruption to the water supply.
- Possible driveway impacts to remove or replace the existing infrastructure. We will seek to minimise impacts to driveways where possible and will work with customers to maintain vehicle access during construction.
- Queensland Fire and Emergency Services will be notified at least 48 hours before any temporary water shutdowns.
- Dialysis patients - Queensland Health will be notified at least 48 hours before any temporary water shutdowns.
Construction is expected to take up to five months to complete, weather and site conditions permitting.
Most of the work will be done during the day, between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Friday. There may also be occasional work on Saturdays if required during the project.
The project team will manage the construction impacts by:
- placing barriers and suitable safety signage around the work areas during excavation
- minimising noise and dust and managing both at the source, to the extent possible
- using traffic management to ensure the safety of road users and pedestrians
- temporarily restoring disturbed roads, driveways and footpaths to allow for continued use while work is in progress
- restoring affected roads, driveways and footpaths as close to their original condition as possible, after the work is completed.
Please travel through the area with care and observe all signposting, speed limits and any directions given by traffic controllers.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while we complete this essential work.