You can rely on us to keep things flowing, and from time-to-time we need to upgrade your local wastewater network.
Urban Utilities is committed to providing the highest level of water and wastewater services. As part of this commitment, our delivery partner Downer WSP and their contractors are commencing works to install a Sewer Rising Main (SRM) along Boundary Street and Moores Pocket Road, Tivoli.
This new connection will ensure long-term service delivery to the local community and cater for the growing population and ensure long term service delivery to the community for the next 100 years.
Project delivery and work hours
Construction will commence in early-January 2022 and is expected to take up to three months to complete, weather and site conditions permitting.
Works will be carried out during the day between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Friday, with occasional Saturday works. In some situations, we may need to carry out works at night, between 6pm-6am. Residents will be notified before any works take place.
- Site mobilisation
- Tree and vegetation clearing within construction access area and site set-up
January – March 2022
- Trenching activities to install the new pipe
- Installing new pipe and connections into the existing network
- Commissioning the new pipe
- Reinstating work areas
Please note, this timeline is indicative only. There will be a two-week construction shutdown between Monday 20 December 2021 and Monday 3 January 2022 over the Christmas and New Year period.
Construction of the new pipeline
Works will include 480m open trench construction of a new DN800 PE100 Gravity Trunk Sewer, with tie in connections along Boundary Street. As part of the project, a holding area will be established for the pipe, materials and machinery used during construction, including a site office.
The upgrade will improve the overall reliability of the sewer network by reducing reactive and operational issues, increasing sewerage pipe capacity and reduce the risk of sewer overflows.
What to expect
- During construction, nearby residents and businesses may experience some noise and dust from heavy machinery, increased vehicle movements and minor vibrations.
- Changed traffic conditions and footpath diversions will be in place around the work areas with the use of traffic control to manage the flow of traffic and to ensure pedestrian safety and maintain local access.
- There will also be temporary restrictions to on street parking during construction.
- Some intermittent odour may occur when maintenance hole lids are removed or during ventilation. This activity is required to ensure the safety of crews working in confined spaces.
- Please take care and observe all signposting, speed limits and any directions given by traffic controllers. Barriers and signage will be installed around work areas to keep everyone safe.
There will be no interruption to individual property sewerage services during these works. Downer WSP will temporarily redirect and remove the flow of sewage by tankering from one location to another.
The new sewer pipe alignment will be located along Boundary Street, Tivoli.
Holding areas will be located at the rear of 42 Boundary Street and on neighbouring Ipswich City Council reserve land.