We work closely with construction contractors to minimise the impact to residents and businesses in the area. Communication activities will take place before work starts.
Water main replacement work involves excavation of pits in the road, footpath and nature strip when laying new pipes.
During construction, nearby residents and businesses may be impacted by:
- installation of a temporary bypass supply to maintain water services during construction
- construction-related noise and dust during excavation of the road, footpath and nature strip, and during tie-in work to connect the new main to the existing network
- some footpath access and on-street parking might be temporarily unavailable
- changed traffic conditions and possible lane/road closures around work sites, with traffic management in place to manage traffic flow and maintain property access
- possible night work with safety lighting and noise from excavation work and machinery
- possible temporary water outages. Customers will be notified at least 3 working days prior to any planned temporary disruption to water supply
- some driveway impacts to remove and replace the existing water pipe. We will seek to minimise impacts to driveways where possible and will work with customers to maintain vehicle access during construction.
- Queensland Fire and Emergency Services will be notified at least 3 working days before any temporary water shutdowns
- Dialysis patients - Queensland Health will be notified at least 3 working days before any temporary water shutdowns.
The project team will manage the construction impacts by:
- placing barriers and suitable signage around the work areas during excavation
- minimising noise and dust and managing both at the source, to the extent possible
- using traffic management to ensure the safety of road users and pedestrians
- temporarily restoring disturbed roads, driveways and footpaths to allow for continued use while work is in progress
- restoring affected roads, driveways and footpaths as close to their original condition as possible, after the work is completed.
Please travel through the area with care and observe all signposting, speed limits and any directions given by traffic controllers.