Queensland Urban Utilities is committed to excellence in water and sewerage services that meet the evolving needs of our customers and enhance our communities. As part of this commitment, we will soon start work on construction of a cross-river water pipeline from Murarrie to Pinkenba, which will connect two water supply zones - the Bartleys Hill reservoir in Ascot and the Wellers Hill reservoir in Murarrie.
The $20M capital investment will help cater for future demand and ensure security of supply to Pinkenba, Eagle Farm and Murarrie. It will also make the provision of supply more flexible and minimise customer impacts in the event of a water outage, for example, during extreme weather.
We will provide customers with more detailed information prior to construction starting in the area.
- Our contractor, Comdain Infrastructure, will start constructing the project in early-January 2017 in Holt Street, Pinkenba.
- Construction will take approximately two years to complete, subject to weather and ground conditions.
- The cross-river pipeline will be constructed at least 10m below the riverbed using trenchless construction technology.
- Open trenching will be used to install the new water main along Holt Street, Pinkenba and Queensport Road North, Murarrie.
- Temporary water shutdowns will occur during connection of the new trunk water main to the existing system. Directly impacted businesses and residents will be notified prior to planned outages.
The project team is committed to minimising the construction impacts on our customers. Once construction starts, we will keep the community informed and provide regular updates to directly impacted customers. We will also work closely with our contractor to ensure every effort is made to keep disturbances to a minimum.
Find out more
For further information about the project, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 3855 6742 during business hours.