- The Board APPROVED the Selective Inspection Program pursuant to sections 53CP and 53DNB of the South-East Queensland Water (Distribution and Retail Restructuring) Act 2009 (DR Act) under which a Water Connection Officer (appointed under section 53CK of the DR Act) may enter and inspect a place and perform a Water Connection Officer’s functions under the DR Act.
- The Board APPROVED the:
(a) PURPOSE of the Selective Inspection Program:
- points of stormwater inflow and infiltration into Urban Utilities’ network from private drainage or otherwise;
- illegal discharges of prohibited substances (including stormwater) into Urban Utilities’ network;
- illegal connections to Urban Utilities’ network on private property;
- circumstances where a third party has built over or restricted access to Urban Utilities’ network; and
- changes in the surface of the land in a way that allows ponding of water over an access chamber in Urban Utilities’ network; and
- reduction or elimination of customer impacts caused by sewer overflows from Urban Utilities’ network.
(b) DURATION of the Selective Inspection Program as the 6 month period commencing on 1st December 2018 with the expiry date of 31st May 2019.
(c) OBJECTIVE CRITERIA for selecting the places to be entered and inspected by Water Connection Officers under the Selective Inspection Program include properties in the catchment areas where:
- Repeated sewer overflows are occurring during wet weather from Urban Utilities’ network in location(s) where the customer or environmental impact has been assessed as high; or
- A sewage pumping station or treatment plant is repeatedly experiencing significantly higher than normal wet weather inflows when compared to other similar sites in similar sized wet weather events.
3. The Board APPROVED Urban Utilities publicly notifying and advertising the Board Resolutions 1 and 2 as required under sections 53CP and 53CQ of the DR Act.
If you have any questions regarding the Sewer Inspection Program, please contact us and a member of the project team will be in touch.