We understand that sometimes it can be difficult paying your bills. But if you are finding it hard to pay your water and sewerage bill, there are a few ways we can help you.
How we can help
We have built a range of services to support our customers experiencing financial difficulties. These include:
- flexible and affordable payment plans
- referrals to free community financial counselling services
- a range of payment channels
- water conservation and efficiency advice.
If you are experiencing difficulty paying your bill, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss how we can assist you with managing your account.
How you or your representative can contact us
You can contact us on13 26 57 between 7am and 7pm weekdays. Customers facing financial difficulties, or their representatives, may be directed to our specialist team who will be able to provide assistance.
If you would like a third party to represent you and talk to us on your behalf, you must either:
- introduce your representative to us on the phone and remain present while your account is discussed or
- complete and return a signed Authority to act form if you wish for your representative to discuss your account while you are not present.
When contacting us for assistance, you have the right to
- be treated respectfully, sensitively and confidentially.
- have your case considered individually by one of our trained representatives.
- be offered realistic and affordable payment options.
- relief from legal action, and additional debt recovery costs as well as halting the application of interest to the arrears amount provided that you meet the terms of any agreed payment plan with us.
- be provided with information to assist in reducing water and sewerage costs.
- receive information about relevant government water subsidies and financial counselling services.
Financial hardship policy
Our Financial hardship policy
provides the framework to support our customers when they are experiencing financial hardship and difficulty in paying their water and sewerage bills.