Sometimes things get really tough and circumstances make it difficult for you to pay your water and sewerage bill.

We can offer support and flexibility to suit your situation and we’ll work with you for as long as it takes to get back on track.

Urban Care is a specialist team to support customers experiencing social and financial hardship. Our confidential support is individualised to your needs. A team member will listen to your situation and provide options for managing your account safely.

With your permission, we may refer you to other support services.

Our Urban Care team aren’t counsellors, but are skilled in supporting customers experiencing challenges such as financial hardship and domestic and family violence

What kind of help is available?

Our confidential support will be tailored to your needs. We can assist with:

  • extension of time to pay your water and sewerage bill
  • an ongoing payment plan
  • identifying ways to reduce water usage and amounts you are billed for
  • checking eligibility for pensioner subsidy
  • requests for removal or reduction of interest can be reviewed
  • referral to organisations.

We’re here for you!

You can reach out to us and discuss your circumstances via webchatFacebook or Twitter (7am - 7pm weekdays) or by phoning our General Enquiries line on 13 26 57 (8am - 5pm weekdays).

If you prefer, you can ask a representative, such as a community welfare organisation, financial counsellor or lawyer to call us on your behalf.