We understand that any person can be affected by family violence at any time and our dedicated Urban Care team have received training specifically to support these customers.
Customers can confidentially contact us for support and speak with our Urban Care team on 13 26 57 (8am-6pm weekdays), or reach out via email to find out more about financial assistance options, and how we can support you.
How we can help
We’ll check with you how you wish to proceed, including the following:
- Putting additional account security measures on your account, including assigning a code that flags to our team members that your account is treated with extra security,
- Determining what notes to include in your file,
- Confirming with you, your preferred method of communication so that we send information and bills to you in a safe way,
- Assisting you with payment difficulties, in line with our Vulnerable Customer Policy; and
- Helping you connect with support services that may be better placed to respond to your unique circumstances.
When engaging with us, your privacy and safety is respected at all times. The information you share with us is treated with extra care, accessed only by our Urban Care team members.
If you require financial assistance, please get in touch with us as soon as possible. We can help you with payment extensions or arrangements that are flexible, realistic and affordable.
We know that it can be challenging to reach out when you are experiencing family violence, so we will treat your enquiry with care and respect.
If you need help now:
Call 000 for emergency assistance - Police, Fire or Ambulance.
1800 RESPECT 1800 015 188 www.safesteps.org.au - 24/7 crisis family violence support for women & children.
Mensline Australia 1300 789 978 - supports men and boys who are dealing with family and relationship difficulties.
With RESPECT 1800 542 847 www.withrespect.org.au - supporting LGBTIQ+ communities and their families.
Financial Counselling Australia 1800 007 007 - access free resources and advice from a private financial counsellor.