||Water consumption threshold
|Water consumption threshold
90 day billing quarter
|Tier 1 Consumption
||Up to 300kL
|Up to 74kL
|Tier 2 Consumption
A residential property (in the Gatton area) uses 80kL in a 90 day reading period.
Calculate your daily tiered consumption rate by dividing the yearly (per annum) consumption threshold (as shown in the table above) by 365.
- Tier 1 threshold daily rate: (300kL/365 days) = 0.822
Calculate your quarterly threshold by multiplying the daily rate by the number of days in your quarterly water meter reading period. This can be found on your Water and Sewerage Account.
- Tier 1 - 0.822 x 90 days = 74kL
- Tier 2 - all consumption above 74kL
Calculate the charges using the kilolitres that apply in each tier:
- Tier 1: 74kL x $0.642 = $47.51
- Tier 2: 6kL x $1.589 = $9.54 (Usage of 80kL minus Tier 1 threshold 74kL = 6kL)
Total = $57.05
Calculate the State Bulk Water Charge
Add together the Water and Sewerage Access charges, the State Bulk Water Charge and the Tier Consumption Charge totals:
Total charges = $510.31
- Water Access Charge - Full Pressure = $80.61
- Sewerage Access Charge = $122.89
- Tier Consumption Charges = $57.05
- State Bulk Water Charge = $249.76