The restrictions below have been developed in conjunction with Seqwater and are based on the draft schedule for South East Queensland.
Download Schedule A - Urban Utilities High Level Water Restrictions
Download summary of Canungra Water Restrictions
Notice of Water Restrictions – 30 November
High level water restrictions
General outdoor cleaning
General outdoor cleaning can occur:
- Odd numbered properties - 4am‐8am and 4pm‐8pm, Tuesday and Saturday
- Even or un‐numbered properties - 4am‐8am and 4pm‐8pm, Wednesday and Sunday
Outdoor cleaning must use:
- a bucket or
- a hand‐held hose or
- a high‐pressure water cleaning unit.
General outdoor cleaning includes cleaning of:
- external surfaces of a building
- materials and equipment
- animal and pet pens and enclosures.
Cleaning for health and safety is permitted at any time by any suitable means.
Swimming pool and spa top ups
Swimming pools and spas can be topped up only if one of the following is used:
- a timing device to prevent the pool from overfilling or
- a down pipe diverter, rainwater tank or other fit for purpose non-potable source is available at the premises and all suitable non-potable water has been used; or
- a pool cover is in place when pool not in use.
Gardens and lawns
- Total ban on sprinklers.
- Hand-held hoses with a twist or trigger nozzle can be used for watering established gardens and lawns:
Odd numbered properties - 4am-8am or 4pm-8pm, Tuesday and Saturday
Even or un-numbered properties - 4am-8am or 4pm-8pm, Wednesday and Sunday
- Bucket or watering can may be used at any time.
Wasting water by way of leaking taps and plumbing fittings and overflowing containers or structures (including but not limited to pools, spas and rainwater tanks) and allowing water to flow onto roads, pathways and driveways during is prohibited.