Our delivery partner, Diona, will soon start work on upgrading our water pipe along along a section of Coronation Drive, Toowong (from Archer Street, on the even side of Coronation Drive to the guardrail located outside 576 Coronation Drive).
Most of these water pipes are located underneath the bikeway along Coronation Drive, Toowong. The works will be carried out in two stages.
Cyclists and pedestrians will be directed safely around the works with 24-hour traffic controllers.
- Stage 1: Along the existing bikeway between Archer Street and Booth Street pedestrian lights; and
- Stage 2: Along the existing bikeway between Booth Street pedestrian lights and the guardrail located outside 576 Coronation Drive, Toowong.
Due to the recent weather and COVID conditions, the works program has changed and will continue until Friday 16 April during the night, between 7pm to 6am, Monday to Saturday. The work program will take place as follows:
What to expect:
- Stage 1 is open with intermittent closures for line marking.
- Stage 2 of the bikeway was temporarily open over the Easter long weekend, and is now closed until finished.
- Completion date is expected to be Friday 16 April - weather, site, and COVID conditions permitting.
To complete this work, our construction crew will be digging down to expose the old pipe and fittings and laying the new piping. Temporary water outages will occur when all the new piping has been laid, and connections to your building are removed from the old piping and re-connected to the new piping.
Our work in Coronation Drive will be completed during the night to minimise the impacts of works on the local resident and businesses. Notifications will be sent for all planned temporary water outages when we connect the new water main to the existing water network. All work will be completed in accordance with regulator permits and approvals.
What to expect?
- All of the work will be completed during the night, between 7pm and 6am, Monday to Saturday
- Cyclists and pedestrians will have 24 hour traffic controllers directing them safely around the site
- Traffic controllers will use a stop/go system to allow cyclists only to be diverted around the works from either direction safely (using the existing pedestrian footpath which runs parallel to the bikeway)
- Traffic controllers will allow vulnerable pedestrians on the path from Archer Street to Booth Street once cyclists are no longer on the path. Please expect a delay until the path is clear
- Pedestrians will be diverted to the other side of Coronation Drive
- As some of the works are being carried out within a tree protection zone, an arborist will be onsite when we are working within this zone. No trees are being removed during the works
- Lane/road closures will be required from Sylvan Road to Archer Street between 8pm to 5am Monday to Saturday
- Bus or ferry stop operations will not be affected
For more information about this project, you can:
- read the latest project update
- contact the project team on 1300 13 13 38 during business hours
- sign up for email updates
- Email the Diona Team
- call our Contact Centre on 13 26 57 (8am-6pm, weekdays).
Thank you for your patience while we complete this important work.